Wednesday, February 08, 2006

first chi dance practice

I broke my record this morning: I had a stitch which lasted 2.5 hours! Unbelievable isn't it? I think it came about because I was almost going to be late for KI lessons after running 3 big rounds around the school, so I just rushed to the classroom and sat down for the lesson without cooling down / doing any stretches or exercises. Which resulted in an intense stitch on the left side, lasting throughout the entire KI lesson and break, and the first part of Math lecture. Now I finally figured out the perfect way to get rid of stitches: Drink lots of hot water and lie as flat as you can, which was what I did during Math lecture.

This afternoon heralded the official start of HC Chinese Dance: a gruelling 4 hour practice from 3 -- 7pm. Wearing the (newly bought) body-hugging dance leotard for the first in a long time made me feel uncomfortable initially, but I got used to the feel of the leotard soon after. Now I understand why many dancers are so weight-conscious. Hahaha. The pressure to have a slim and yet (ahem) non-flat figure at the same time. LOL. Some J1 dancers felt the instructor was too harsh, but personally I quite prefer this strict training. At least it compels me to move beyond my comfort zone and exceed my limits, and it gives a sense of purpose in the whole dance practise: to better myself and (try to) satisfy the high expectations of the instructor. (Ok, maybe he's not an instructor, but a very pro grand-senior) It's quite sad that I may have to go for the SRP selection tests at NUS this Saturday, so I've to miss the dance practice. :( I think I may just become a Chi Dance fanatic. I hope my passion for Chinese Dance will continue burning just as strongly or more strongly throughout the rest of my time in Hwa Chong! :) Chinese Dance rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home