Thursday, February 02, 2006

fun day!: x-country practice plus njc crashing!

It's been a pretty fun and exciting day! Well, the first part wasn't. Chem lecture was so rushed, though I kind of understood what the lecturer was saying. And Physics practical was quite boring, to think I yawned 10 times during the 2 hours! Mr Loi is a really nice and funky teacher, but it just happens that the rhythmic swirling of the fans in the lab (plus the fact that I never really liked Physics prac, + the fact that I'm suffering, still, from a lack of sleep), proved to be too sleep-inducing to me. Side-note: Rachel's shoulder is really nice to lean on!

When our long-awaited 1.5 hour break finally came half past noon, I was practically dozing off as I walked back to the class bench. I was thinking of sleeping at the class bench or at the FishTank, but in the end I went running at the track with Rachel, Siobhan, Wai Hong and Billy, and dear Miao Qin came along to watch us, even though she'd already ran earlier during her 2-hour break. I'm happy! My timing has improved, 19+ minutes for 3.6km, down from 18+ minutes for 3.2km. I know I've still got a long way to go, if I don't want to let the class down, but I'll take it slowly at a time. (oh dear, X-country is coming up soon!) It was much more interesting and fun running with them, rather than running alone, and for the last 100m, Billy and I were sprinting, trying to outdo each other, so perhaps that's why my timing improved, haha. There should be more "class" X-country practices together!

After doing some stretching and cooling down, the 5 of us lazed around at the terrace beside the track, chatting, lying on our backs looking up at the bright white fluffy clouds above (thank goodness no birds flew above), doing different variations of push-ups, and just laughing. It was the ultimate form of relaxation and 'chilling out with friends' (it was really windy!)! I thoroughly enjoyed those moments, though they may span only half an hour, but they're the most enjoyable moments of today. Hey Rachel, Miao Qin, Siobhan, Billy and Wai Hong, you guys rock!

the highlight: crashing NJC
It was almost 2 and we'd been lazing around for quite some time, when Siobhan got the crazy idea to crash NJC. Rachel immediately agreed, and so Wai Hong, Billy and I went along too, while dear Miao Qin went back to help us take attendance (so nice of her!). It was really funny, the 4 of us in Hwa Chong PE shirt and shorts, brazenly strolling into NJC while people stared and the dear security guard just looked at us without doing anything. We went to their big canteen, and lo and behold! A great variety of stalls greeted us. NJC students sure are lucky. We decided upon the Dessert stall, and I ordered a Soursop-Icebowl, which tasted refreshingly fantastic, while the rest ordered different variations of the Icebowl. We also attempted persuading the auntie operating the stall to shift stall to Hwa Chong, or set up a sidebranch there, so if you see a nice Icekachang stall in Hwa Chong in the future, you know who to thank. ;) The toilets there are also really nice! Not to mention, clean and dry.

After spending an hour at NJC without anyone chasing us out (though we were stared at a lot), we finally strolled back to Hwa Chong. On our way out, we smiled, waved and did V signs with our fingers at the security camera near the gate (you must always be polite and nice to the host! haha). Of course, we didn't forget the jolly security guard, how could we?:
Us: BYE uncle!!! *wave wave*
Guard: *waves back* Bye, you're from Hwa Chong aren't you?
Us: Ya! We...went to see some teachers!
Guard: *nods understandingly*
Us: BYE BYE uncle!!! (me: Have a nice day!!!) *wave enthusiastically*
Guard: Bye! *waves*
HAHAHAHA!!! What fun-ness!

When we finally went back to Hwa Chong, I went to laze around with the rest of the class, and Pauline, Zhao Rui and I formed an "S.H.E." team! It started out with them singing a song ("Yi Qian1 Nian2 Yi3 Hou4" by LJJ), then I joined in as well, and Yangsai commented that 3 of us sing well together, which inflated our ego, spurring us to form the "S.H.E." team -- ('Selena' is Pau-Pau, 'Hebe' is me, and 'Ella' is Zhao Rui) how funny! We went on further to embarrass the class by singing "Bah bah black sheep", the Hwa Chong english school song, and other songs at the top of our voices before we finally stopped and I went off for Bio.

After a mind-boggling Bio lesson, Billy, Miao Qin and I went off to watch the Inter-CT Touch Rugby competition. Pau-pau, Yang Sai and I were the 3 crazy girls who kept shouting "60 jia you!!!" throughout the competition. The 60 team was cool, and we had drawn 1 and won 1 by the time I left. I hope we won. :) But it doesn't really matter, as long as the players enjoyed themselves.

I hope all school days can be as fun as today! And I'm looking forward to shopping at Bugis with my fellow Chi Dancer for dance leotards tomorrow!

Whee! Life is about having fun and enjoying every moment!

2 Comments:

Blogger PHiL said...

heya fast gal, i must tell you pple tt she is bloody fast! i lost to her in tt 100m sprint. OMG!! NoOoOo!! Yes we will RUN MORE! I will win u the nx time rd!!! Waahahaha XD anw...glad to hear u had FUN today, GD GD!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Qintan said...

yeah, let's run!!! Look who's talking, the chao pro basketball guy.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home