Tuesday, January 31, 2006

the 6 people outing


The 5 ppl(/gamblers) remaining at Wei Heng's house by 4.30pm. Not in picture: dear Hong Li! Who left to visit her teacher 10 min earlier (and forgot to bring her bag with her wahahaha)

I was looking forward to a fun 6O outing at East Coast Park today, with many people playing at the beach, in the sun and surf. But after a whole day of sms-ing and calling people, and posting on the class blog, there was only Jonathan from our class who turned up besides me. It was just the 3 of us: Yu Zhong, Jonathan and I, feeling quite disappointed at the turnout and lingering around Bedok mrt wondering if more people would come. In the end, we decided to crash Wei Heng's house while waiting for Samuel (who eventually didn't come at all) and Hong Li to come.

At first we were quite bored, watching the tv aimlessly. After Wei Heng finished his lunch, he came and joined Jonathan and I for card games (Taiti) while Yu Zhong remained glued to the tv screen watching I-Robots (I think that's what it's called). Jonathan kept winning! After that Wei Heng taught me Blackjack, and we started gambling for a while before Hong Li and Elaine joined us as well. Hong Li certainly has a lively presence that brightens up the whole atmosphere! She introduced a fun and funny card game with everyone represented by an animal, testing your quick response, and this game was won, yet again, by Wei Heng who seemed to be on a winning streak again. After chatting and watching snippets of tv for a while longer, we finally left at 4.30pm.

Even though not many people turned up for today's outing, I'm really thankful to all those who bothered to turn up: Jonathan, Yu Zhong, Wei Heng, Hong Li and Elaine. And to Wei Heng for opening up his house to us uninvited guests. They made my day. Yep I still had fun chatting, playing cards, lazing around and even stoning together. Fun which I would otherwise not have, had I spent the time at home.

After conversing with the seniors, I realise that they're much more enthusiastic as a class, with many more class outings than us, in their first three months. Even though they're in JC2 and their workload is much heavier than ours, they're still more enthusiastic when it comes to outings, than us. I don't know the real reason why 99% of the class said they could not turn up for the outing, but perhaps it's a sign that our initial enthusiasm is fading off? I certainly hope this is not the case, or it'll be really sad to imagine a class where everybody is just concerned about mugging, or are merely too lazy to travel the distance (how big can Singapore get??) to meet up as a class. After all, we've only got 2 years together as a class! We can have the rest of our lives to stone and slack away at home, or to sleep the entire day, or to play computer games, or to mug, BUT we only have two years to go out and have fun together as a class! Maybe it's because I'm really lousy at organising activities, in which case I'll gladly resign and let more capable people take over the task. But either way, I hope the turnout for future outings won't be as bad as this.

Happy Chinese New Year, and Farewell my CNY holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home