Wednesday, February 01, 2006

swimming cleanses exhaustion

Fatigue and tiredness shows itself after 3 days of adequate rest ended abruptly. I was glad to go to school, but I guess my sleep-deprived body wasn't that glad. Much of the day was spent stoning; it seemed I didn't have enough energy to be as animated as usual.

In the afternoon, practising the college dances in the hall during the "30 minutes of school spirit" rejuvenated me (pity it wasn't earlier or I'd be much more awake for the rest of the day). How I wish there was "30 minutes of school spirit" every single day, then I'd be able to enjoy dancing the college dances daily. Then I went for my first Chinese Dance session. Which was quite alright, since it turned out to be 'orientation' and 'meet-the-seniors' session. The seniors are so bonded! I hope our batch turns out like them as well, after all as the seniors said, we'd have to perform for 2 very major and important events -- this year's Mid-Autumn Festival and next year's SYF -- alone, without any seniors or juniors. Dance practice aside, I've to invest in a dance leotard and dress pants. Somehow the thought of going shopping, especially at Bugis or any other area with lots of affordable and funky stuff, never fails to excite me. :D

I just went swimming earlier. I think I'm falling in love with swimming. It gives me an almost noiseless void and time to think, to contemplate, to reflect, to be truly alone, shut off from all the noise, chaos and bustle on the land. The cooling water cleanses my body and my mind from all the exhaustion and stress; it purifies my soul. I especially love swimming right after a downpour, when the water's so refreshingly cool, and swimming in the rain, hearing the raindrops patter down in a soothing lullaby, feeling the drops splash onto my body when I surface. How much more in tune to Nature's elements can I get? Of course, having a relatively void-of-people, clean and free-of-chlorine-stink swimming pool conveniently located right downstairs adds to my enjoyment as well. It's a pity that school ends really late most of the days, so I won't be able to go swimming as occasionally compared to during the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home