Tuesday, February 07, 2006

cross country familiarisation run; (new cca???)

The main highlight of today was the X-country familiarisation run at MacRitchie. In my memories, X-country was always hell and heaven. The running bit was hell, but the moment when you just crossed the finishing line, and the getting of a position that you're satisfied with (of course, there must be improvement from previous years as well), was heaven. Yet, when I ran today, it really wasn't as bad or as tiring as I had supposed it to be. Maybe because I didn't have to sprint all the way to the finishing line, maybe because there wasn't the stress from the actual race itself, maybe because I was running with Rachel beside me throughout, but I found the run to be quite enjoyable actually. I clocked approx 17min 40s for the route today (3.2km or 3.4km I guess). Improved timing, but I was rather perturbed today when I found out from Yu Zhong that J1s and J2s compete together. That effectively means, getting into Top 20 is much much harder, with competition from the seniors as well. Argh!

On another note, I think my drama skills are really not up to standard, so I wasn't selected for Dramafeste (but I don't really mind it, I'll be able to enjoy Dramafeste as audience with 60!!!). I was asked to be one of the calafare in one scene, but I declined. Partially due to pride I guess, partially because I can't really do what I've no passion in, and partially because KI's starting to get increasingly demanding. I don't really know whether I'll actually get satisfying roles in ELDDFS. There's been like, near zero meetings for Drama and Debate wings so far anyway. And I heard that my friend (who was not from Trampoline and is not very tall), joined Trampoline. I'm actually rather interested in joining it. But considering that Chinese Dance may require a lot more commitment as the year progresses (already, it's now Wed and Sat for practices!!!), and that KI is gonna get demanding as well, and there's a possibility that Debates and Drama may start having sessions, I really don't know whether I should join it. Maybe...not?

Btw, does anyone feel like going to MacRitchie one of these days, weekends probably, to do another trial run? Hope more 60 people can come join me! ALL FOR THE CLASS, ALL FOR 60!!! Whee! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home