Sunday, February 05, 2006

thanks! the importance of communication.

Firstly, I really want to say: THANK YOU!!! to everyone who's given me encouragement and advice regarding the problem with my sister (there's something wrong with Blogger, so the post below regarding my sister should be dated Saturday). I'm really very touched by all of you. So, to all of you: Rachel, Billy, Michelle, Pei Han, Ernest and Jun Wen, a big THANK YOU yet again! You guys really rock!

As for the problem with my sister, I spent the whole of yesterday night talking with her as nicely and openly as I could for over 2 hours. Amidst tears and laughter, we finally sorted out all the misunderstandings and differences between us, and I'm happy to say that we're both more or less enlightened. Though our eyes were swollen this morning from last night, the warmth still hasn't dissipated.

I guess relationships are all about communication. Communication is like a tie, a bridge which links two islands. Without communication, it's like building ice walls between the two, so much so that one day when we finally decide to communicate, we find that the wall is so high it's insurmountable. Just as it is for siblings, it's the same for parent-child, and for friends.

It's not that easy to set aside 1 hour every day to talk to each other. Each of us have our own friends, school life, homework, CCAs, activities, and what not. Perhaps I'll just take the effort to take evening walks around the estate with her every so occasionally. Perhaps then our relationship can be one that's open and relatively free of misunderstandings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home