Tuesday, March 14, 2006

my poem for SixOh

Yesterday, I went over to the HC Boarding School and met up with Papa Billy, Yang Sai, and Jonny. We were enjoying the aircon in the gym for a while before some Officers spotted Jonny and I (the non-boarders) and we all scrambled into Billy's room. We played cards for 2 hours straight! (Taiti) and talked random stuff. I actually managed to win the most number of rounds, whee!

I felt so weird and displaced yesterday, this overwhelming sense of loneliness, and somehow, it just didn't feel right. Till I met up with them again. I really miss school, I miss hanging around SixOh. Being with you guys makes me feel happy and contented, even if it's just playing cards and talking. Sure beats rotting away at home pining for Thursday to come.

Yesterday, while feeling bored, I composed a poem dedicated to SixOh and wrote it in the class diary. Here goes:

To SixOh
I wandered lonely as a daffodil
floating in the air.
Over the sunny meadows
and over the wide green fields.
But I always wandered
never to find a landing place.

I wandered lonely as a little cloud
drifting in the sky.
Over the acres of land so wide
and over the seas so blue.
But I always wandered
never to find an anchor.

Now I wander, lonely no more,
a happy bird in a flock--that's Sixoh!
We are all soaring together,
heart and wings beating as one.
I don't have to wander, anymore,
for I've found a place, where I belong.

A place, where we belong.

---

ahahaha. I wrote this in fifteen minutes! Now that I look back at it, maybe it's a little childish and cliche :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home