Saturday, February 25, 2006

chi dance; shopping

There was Chinese Dance practice as usual. And it was the first time I cried, in school, this year. Somehow I just couldn't remember the dance routines and forgot the steps, so the instructor-cum-grandsenior made me and Xinying do the steps again and again, and each time I got the steps wrong. It was so disappointing, to a perfectionist me, to not be able to remember the steps, much less execute them well; a disappointment to the instructor and seniors and everyone as well. It was so exasperating as well, because I really tried my best to remember but somehow I just got a mental block and my mind was blank. And worst of all, to think of poor Xinying doing the routine with me over and over again because I just couldn't remember; to think of wasting all the time of the other dancers just because of me and my stupid blank mind! I couldn't control my emotions; all the frustration and disappointment just flowed out, gushed out through the tears. But at last I got the routine right. To this I'm really grateful for the patient guidance of the seniors and the concern of all other dancers, especially Xinying.

But in no way am I less passionate about Chinese dance. I'll try, try my best. If it takes others 2 hours to remember the dance routine, I'll spend 4 hours to remember them. I just hope I can follow through with what I set out to do, and not just let this end at the stage of empty talk.

Life has its ups and downs. After a nice lunch with Xinying, I went shopping at Bugis with my mom and sis. My dear Mom bought me 100 bucks worth of Arena swimsuits as my birthday gift!!! The expensive one was the one-piece swimsuit, the other was a cheaper two-piece swimsuit. On top of that, I got a pair of nice pink one-inch heels, and a lilac U2 tank top. Shopping really makes me relaxed and contented.

Dad has announced that he'll bring our family to eat at this nice Italian restaurant on my birthday -- Wednesday night! That's really good news! Finally a family dinner, for once in a long time. Most of the times we just eat dinner ourselves (or at least, I eat with my sister most of the times) because of clashing schedules.

I am down with an evil cough that wakes me in the middle of the night, disrupting my nice dreams. And there's a UWC Selection Interview-cum-Camp tomorrow from 8.45 to 5pm! Means I have to wake up early, YET again, and not be able to do all the overdue tutorials and homework. Hope it'll be a fun day tomorrow, and that I can bid good riddance to Mr. Cough soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home