Tuesday, February 21, 2006

PE lesson...and my coming birthday party

Had a 2.4km trial run during PE today. I got a personal best of 11:40! I'm quite happy. This year my running seems to have improved. :) But I don't really run anymore than last year; it's just 3 times a week (at most). I'll try to maintain the standard though. After running, Michelle and I, and some of the other guys played a fun game of basketball for a while.

I love PE, and sports! I think I truly live for the moment when I'm engaging in sports, unlike lectures, tutorials, and (dreaded) practicals, where I just keep looking at the clock / my watch and wondering when lunch / break / dismissal is. When I'm engaging in sports, I'm fully alive. When I'm stuck in lessons before lunch, my stomach comes alive with its incessant growling and impatient churning, and my head starts turning to look at my watch with increasing frequency.

Next week we're having swimming lessons. I hope I'll enjoy them, and I hope the lessons won't spoil my liking for swimming. I read in an article somewhere that swimming is the sport where the difference in standards between men and women is most narrowed. Hmmm... It's a pity that I finished the Lifesaving Course (Lifesaving 1, 2 and 3; not yet Bronze Medallion) a long time ago when I was in Primary 4. Now I've forgotten all that they taught. Who knows, if I'd not learnt it so long ago, I may just be able to save some lives, HA HA HA!

After school today, I went shopping for gifts. It's a nice sensation standing there, wondering what gift to choose for that person and imagining her smile or surprise when she sees the gift. Which was why I spent more than 2 hours de-stressing by choosing gifts and emptying my wallet of money at the same time.

Yu Zhong says STJ is this Saturday. But the other seniors (Mak, Felicia, Xiao Ying) say it's unconfirmed. If it's NEXt Saturday, it'll be on the same day as my birthday party (for my class and seniors too if they're free) I plan to organise. Which is quite good, as there'll be more people turning up for the party! We could go to my party first then head off for STJ later. But if it's THIS Saturday, the new CSC Clubhouse would still not be opened, and I can't hold my party there, which I really want to, mainly due to the attraction of the tall, fun water-slides, treehouses, and bowling alley there. So I really hope it's held next Sat! :)

On a sidenote, my mom just carved me cute little balls of honeydew and served them to me on my favourite fruit plate! So sweet of her! It just made the already-sweet honeydew 100 times sweeter! :) And, I tried natural yoghurt + strawberries + chopped walnuts today. It tastes really good! So now I shall end my blog, eat my nightly spoonful of Lingzhi honey (to help me sleep better) and be happy. :)

P.S. Hey people, please go to the website http://kevan.org/johari?name=qintan and help me fill in the personality traits thingy. It won't take too long and it'll be interesting (for me at least) to see the results. Thanks so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home