Wednesday, February 15, 2006

cross-country

Happy day! This is the first time I've skipped Maths lecture. We walked over to the Poolside Restaurant at the high school side during lunch, but the food took so long to be served that by the time we finished eating, half-an-hour of Math lecture was gone, so we headed straight to the field for fire-drill. After we were dismissed, I played several fun rounds of table soccer at the fishtank with Pau-Pau, Siobhan, Che Hao and Jonathan (my team!), as welll as Yang Sai, Steve, Bryan and Wei Xiang (the other team!). Obviously, due to the presence of 4 girls including me, we created quite a racket in the fishtank (understatement of the day).

Cross country this year was satisfying. I got 11th position in the Competitive Girls Run, an improvement from 12th position last year. After running, I went and walked the Girls' Mass Run with Pau-Pau and Yang Sai, and 2 of Pau-Pau's friends. On the way we held and swung our hands, blocking the entire path (didn't matter since we were almost the last) and sung "dang1 wo3 men2 tong2 zai4 yi4 qi3" (literally translated as "when we're together". it's the songs we used to sing in primary school days, remember?) very loudly. So amusing! And after a while, when the guys (Mass Run) started overtaking us, we cheered for all those people we knew, telling them to run faster, run on, when we were strolling. The irony!

After dismissal, our class and seniors walked to "The Long House" (a hawker centre) for dinner together. In short, it was amusing and fun. I conclude that I have an interesting bunch of seniors, just like our class is an interesting class with such unique and diverse characters that it's very difficult to form cliques. There's a saying that: several girls come together = a market. I say that: several guys come together = a primary school. HA HA HA!

On a sidenote, I think Chris really likes my trophy. Therefore maybe I should get him a replica of the trophy, including the words "competitive GIRLS' race", for his birthday. :D Of course this is a joke, sorry to disappoint you. :P

Oh, and I got into the second round of the selection process for the UWC Overseas Scholarship! It's a day camp on 26 Feb (Sun). I don't know whether to be happy or what. I'm having mixed feelings. I guess IF I get the scholarship (which means I've to leave for overseas end of Aug this year), I probably might not take it up if I'm feeling too attached to Hwa Chong and to 60. I'm someone who decides by my heart and not my mind. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home