Sunday, February 12, 2006

happiness

I'm HAPPY! It seems that everyone can stay in our class, cos the O-level track people did well, got below 8 points, and those in the IP got above D7 for HCL paper, which means they don't need to take H1 MTL and can stay in the class! Pau-Pau the crazy girl actually went and got 10 A1s! I felt so proud of her when her name was flashed on the screen under the "girls who got 10 A1s" in the hall. It's a great feeling, to know your friends did well for their O levels. It's almost as if you got those results yourself. Rachel and Siobhan all did well for their Os too, I feel really happy for them. As for me, I was contented as well. A1 for HCL and 4 prizes. Actually I'm not happy because of my results themselves, though of course I'm satisfied with my performance. I'm happy because my Mom's happy. I love to see her smiling, happy and proud of me. It beats other kinds of personal happiness. And that's my main motivation in studies.

On Saturday, the Chi Dance practice was tough as usual (with the result that I'm currently aching all over), aggravated by my flu and sorethroat. But the tough training gives me a sense of purpose, and spurs me on to improve as a dancer. After Dance practice, Xin Ying and I went to Bkt Timah Food Centre for lunch. The whole experience of walking slowly (both of us hungry souls aching terribly) together, chatting, eating together was really pleasant. Nothing beats spending time together with a close friend.

I spent 6 hours yesterday trying to download great songs I like a lot and burning them onto a cd to give people, but somehow the cd burner's screwed, so I've to spend 3 more hours this morning burning them. But the thought that at least it's a sincere gift which I compiled with my own effort and time, warms me and keeps me continuing. I hope the computer appreciates my hardwork and cooperates. (hear that, computer? Or shall I put it into binary code for you?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home