Thursday, February 23, 2006

my dear class 60

Today was a fun school day! Not because of lessons (it never is) but more because of the breaks. During Physics practical, Charm, Rachel and I had a discussion about...well, love. Instead of Blu-Tac, which we were supposed to be talking about. Ha ha! Over lunch, I had yet another interesting discussion with the other KI people in class about free will, Freudian concepts, and whether love is predetermined.

After lunch, I went to play tennis with Zi Chong, Jin Quan, Geordie and some of their friends. It was fun! (obviously) So much so that I actually *ahem* You-Know-What lecture again. After tennis I went to play squash with Geordie -- this was the first time I actually tried playing squash! But it was easy to pick up, and fun as well, though tiring at the same time.

This is what school life should be about! Playing sports, enjoying food, conversation, laughter, the energy of youth, and life, together with friends and classmates! School life shouldn't revolve around studies; it should revolve around friends. I wish my JC days would never end; I wish I could remain this age, a youth, a teenager, forever, to enjoy the carefree, happy days of playing sports during breaks with friends, eating, talking, joking, fooling around together.

And I wish our class could stay together and not undergo reshuffling. It would be simply unkind of the school if they were to move people out from the class considering that they firstly scored well enough in O Levels to remain in Hwa Chong, secondly did not change subject combination, and thirdly are happy to be in the class. What's the point, the joy, the fun of school life in Hwa Chong if the class is broken, split up, and people separated and transferred to various different classes just like that??? I really can't imagine it happening. I don't want to imagine it, much less see it happening. Maybe I'm worrying too much, but I just can't stand the idea of breaking up 60!!! It's not about whether the class is nice or not (though 60 definitely is), not about whether the new people are going to be nice or not, but it's about the people--WHO they are--who make up 60! 60 is not the name of the class, it's the combined existence of all the individuals in it!

And on another matter, it struck me today that 6c is much closer to the seniors than our class is. It's nothing bad, but I think it's quite an irony that though we're 60, the same 'class' as the seniors, we're not as close to them as we should be. We don't really interact much with them, much less with 6c. It seems almost as though we just keep to ourselves. I don't know what to say of it, it's just an observation I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home