Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happiness! The Ten Simple Pleasures of Life. And Thanksgiving before my birthday

I am happy! Feeling very happy nowadays. I'm happy just to come to school and be with dear Six-Oh!

The Ten Great Pleasures of Life
1. Being in the embrace of loved ones and friends.
2. Leaning back-to-back with loved ones and friends.
3. Watching the sun set / rise, sitting closely together with loved ones and friends.
4. Star-gazing or cloud-gazing, lying on the back, with loved ones and friends.
5. Strolling in the drizzle with loved ones and friends.
6. Playing sports with friends. Like playing tennis during every break with Zi Chong, Jin Quan, Geordie, Che Hao and gang.
7. Eating lunch / dinner with Six-Oh!
8. Kite-flying with friends. It brings out the child in me. Six-Oh, let's do that one day!
9. Ponning lessons together with my dear Six-Oh, whether to cloud-gaze and crash NJC, to play tennis, to eat a slow lunch together and whatnot. It really gives a new meaning to the idea of a class (not just people you attend lessons together with, but the people you get into trouble with.)
10. Knowing that you matter, however much, to someone. That you're needed, that you're very much a part of the class, that you're not...extra.

Being part of Six-Oh has enabled me to experience 6 of these Ten Great Pleasures of Life (No. 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10). That's the reason why I'm so happy.

Tomorrow will be the day I turn 17.

I look back and I find that my short three months so far at Hwa Chong has been the happiest school year, in the 16 years of my life.

This day I give thanks to Hwa Chong, to the class seniors, and to my Chinese Dance friends. For enriching my time here and making me feel so welcome and warm.

This day I give thanks to Six-Oh, and to all you great people in Six-Oh, for being the greatest class ever, for accepting me, for making my life in Hwa Chong such a happy one.

This day I give thanks to all my dearest friends (Xinying, Michy, etc) for caring for me.

This day I give thanks to my dearest family: Mom, Dad and Sis. For loving me for who I am.

I am the way I am because of all of you. My happiness consists of you.

I dedicate tomorrow, 1st March, my birthday, to all you wonderful people! May happiness be with all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home