Tuesday, March 21, 2006

milkshakes + GEP

This morning I just made and drank:
2 big mugs of papaya milkshake
1 big mug of black+red+green grapes + natural yoghurt-shake!
half a mug of soya milkshake

YUMMY!

Feeling so full now. I'm going to walk all the way to KAP from my house (Upp Bkt Timah) to meet up for class pool outing later. I'd rather rollerblade all the way there but lugging a pair of heavy rollerblades around in a foodcentre / in school is not exactly very fun or sightly.

I am a good cook. If only people could believe me. :P

I just suddenly thought of a comment Jin Quan made when we were discussing, over the BBQ at class chalet, on who could probably fit into a neighbourhood school. He said I could, because "some people can act stupid". Then yesterday Gaby just said, when she found out I was a GEPper, "I always thought you were a GEPper! Cos you're smart!" Hmm. So here's a question to everyone: When you first got to know me, do I seem 'stupid, no-brainer' or 'smart'?

Haha. I realise that nowadays my mannerisms and conversations are less 'intellectual' and much more punctuated with Singlish than back when I was in Nanyang. Perhaps it's because I'm now in an environment where it's mostly mainstreamers mixed with some GEPpers, and I can 'connect' more with mainstreamers if I don't engage in conversation that puts some of them off. It's not necessarily bad. In life you have to learn to get along with people from diverse backgrounds and with different interests and personalities, I suppose.

Which also brings me to a question, is there really any difference between the behaviours and mannerisms of GEPpers and mainstreamers? Why the differences, if any? Why is the divide so much bigger than say, IP vs non-IP?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home