Tuesday, March 28, 2006

i'm staying in Singapore.

I didn't get in. I only found out late this afternoon when my friend messaged me saying that 3 of her friends got called up by UWC Committee last night, telling them that they got selected to go to the UWCs in Canada, Italy and Norway. Not sure who got selected for the last place in USA, but one thing I'm certain of is: I didn't get in.

That's that. Seriously I don't know whether to be sad that my dream for the past 2 years of studying in a UWC wasn't realised, or to be happy that I'm staying in Hwa Chong, in SixOh, this class that I love so much, and able to spend time with friends who really rock, and my family.

But one thing I want to say is... (STOP! Qintan is going to say a vulgarity, shock shock, for those who don't want to see it, please stop reading or scroll over the next line.)

Damn!

How can I not feel disappointed when I've successfully gotten through three rounds in the selection criteria, and had a 40% (4 places out of 10 applicants who went for the 3rd round of interview) chance of being selected...

Boohoohoo, now I can't go on backpacking trips overseas as and when I like without parental consent. Now I don't have an excuse for my parents to buy me a NEW LAPTOP or get me a CREDIT CARD anymore. Sadness. :(

And one MAJOR drawback of not getting selected for UWC, is that, I can't just FLUNK my block tests in style and know it doesn't matter anyway cos I'm scooting off overseas.
Or skip school and lessons as and when I like cos I technically don't need to attend school in Singapore after July anymore. DARN.


OH. And Jin Quan and all other people who said I'd "sure get in one", owe me a lunch treat. For losing the bet. HEHE. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home