Monday, March 27, 2006

first chinese lesson

Today was such a long day in school! Spent most of the time during lessons either talking or feeling extremely sleepy. And I attended my first H1 Chinese lesson from 4 to 5.30pm. (err I kinda ponned the first Chinese lesson last week). Surprisingly, and contrary to popular belief, it was interesting! In fact it was the most interesting lesson of the entire day, beating even PW lesson where we just fooled around.

I got the shock of my life when I entered the classroom (10 min late, was hanging around after PW class till 4.05 then got lost--YES, got lost in SCHOOL!--trying to find my way to the classroom). The entire Chinese class consisted only of Xie Lao Shi, Wuf, and me!!! (Whoa! A TWO-STUDENT CLASS! How cool is that? --> VERY.) We only had to finish some cheng2 yu3 and yan4 yu3 exercises (in a very short time), and the rest of the time was spent crapping with Xie Lao Shi, and her telling us about her interesting ex-students and introducing good books, elaborating about their contents. And talking about (and doing some analysis of) Hong2 Lou2 Meng4 (Dream of the Red Chamber, my favourite Chinese classic).

So cool! I'm really inspired to read Chinese books now, not that I wasn't interested in reading Chinese books before. (I've actually read the Chinese translation of "War and Peace" by Leo Tolstoy -- the illustrated and I daresay slightly abridged version. Hehe.) Actually I've been meaning to do so for a long long time already, just that I haven't found time to finish even half of the whole load of undone and due tutorials, much less read. And I'd rather read books than do tutorials. I think I shall just find time to read when I'm on the bus home, just that I frequently find myself meeting people on the bus and ending up talking with them the entire journey home. Or I'm just daydreaming and staring out of the window, too lazy to read.

Books, books, here I come! You just have to patiently wait a little while longer. Haha. Which is like, a few weeks more?

Hwa Chong swimming pool, here I jump! (ERR. LOL.) Wait a little little while more for me. I'll jump eagerly into your cooling, refreshing, rejuvenating and invigorating (and I was about to say "sensual". HAHAHA!) embrace tomorrow morning! I'll be the first to jump in! I'm going to spread my enthusiasm for you among my classmates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home