Sunday, April 23, 2006

napfa and sailing

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to blog frequently. Not surprising, considering the accumulation of untouched tutorials and tests. I'm not very inspired to blog; sometimes I wonder why I blog at all -- but then I realise that I blog to keep track of my life in softcopy, so that when I look back, I can still remember days of the past. Forgetting where your days went, and the happy times you spent with your friend...that's very sad.

Anyway, I'm happy that my fitness level has improved! For NAPFA, I did 37 situps, 20 pullups, 55 for sit-and-reach, 11.2 for shuttle run (I finally got A for shuttle run!), 181 (yikes) for standing broad jump, and for 2.4, my last timing was 11.40, so getting A (only 14.30 for girls) should be easy. Which means, I get 29/30! Yay! On top of that, I went for the Girls 3000m run -- timing was 14.19, 5th out of 8th. Quite lousy, but at least I didn't get last, haha.

On Friday, I went with Jin Quan, Zi Chong and Geordie to enquire about the Tahan tour -- the guy was finally there! Sounds quite interesting, not as challenging as I had imagined it to be, but I just don't like the part about leeches. And I'm absolutely certain that leeches don't fly, so don't try to trick me into thinking otherwise. Dinner --buying dinner for someone else-- was very interesting! Geordie got the easiest task -- buying for Zi Chong. Jin Quan bought for Geordie, I bought for Jin Quan, and Zi Chong bought for me -- claypot froggies! Which, fortunately for me and unfortunately for him, I enjoyed a lot (affording little amusement / entertainment :P)

Went sailing yesterday with Zi Chong and Eden, and tried a Byte for the first time. I fell in love with it! So agile and light and fast! And the weather was much better than last week -- light wind though a little gusty. I'm happy that my hiking has improved (the ab exercises paid off!) but I still harbour a fear of the boom and of capsizing that I need to overcome, and it probably doesn't help that I capsized 5 times (3 times accidentally, 2 times intentionally) during the 3 hours out at sea. I don't think I'm too light for the Byte, though I've only tried sailing it in light wind. But I'll have to get more practice. And I'll need a knee pad -- my knees got totally owned! Lots of blueblacks now. Sailing is burning a hole in my wallet --nearly 30 bucks for 4hrs of rental -- but it's very enjoyable nonetheless.

After lunch, I went to BoatAsia at Sentosa with Zi Chong. Lots of luxurious powerboats and several magnificent keelboats! There was one gigantic keelboat which looked like a water palace -- 40 million bucks! If I were extremely rich I'd buy this big boat. If I were very rich I'd buy the 53-foot Oceanis which is...beautiful! I love the colour scheme! I've never really been on a keelboat before, sadly. Imagine being able to heel without capsizing! Best of both worlds.

After shopping for a green top, I arrived very late for the fac outing. Surprisingly, it was held in a restaurant! The outing was alright (didn't really have very high expectations to begin with) and rather amusing. And the turnout from SixOh was extremely poor -- only Jonathan, Wei Xiang, Zi Chong and I went. So we sat with 6C and 2 seniors -- Pei Han and Zi Yang at the table. Reached home at 10.40, extremely exhausted (lugging around a big bag full of wet clothes the entire day is seriously tiring!).

Today I slacked the whole day off, shopped for -something- in the afternoon, only starting on my KI paper now. I am so going to die, what with Bio test on Tues.

On a sidenote, I'm seriously considering switching back to LJ again. The main reason why I switched to Blogger from LJ was because I wanted my own nice customised background. But there's a html glitch somewhere and the background disappeared, so I see no more advantages Blogger holds over LJ. And it's much easier to view others' LJs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home