Friday, April 14, 2006

egg-drop, sports heats, and today

I haven't posted in such a long time! Recently I've taken to writing in my diary (yes I keep a private personal diary) instead because it's so much more convenient and faster to scribble your thoughts down onto paper. The process of writing is so much more spontaneous than typing; we use the backspace button so much in typing. On top of that, my computer is cranking up (there's something wrong with the monitor so I'm actually using my dad's computer now) so I can't really be bothered to use the computer that much.

Thursday.
To catch up with the events of the past week...Yesterday's highlights were the Egg-drop project Prelim trial during Physics lab, and the sports heats. The egg-drop trial made the whole physics lab lesson (or at least that last part of it) the most interesting and amusing lab lesson this year. I had such a good long laugh that I'm sure it gave my abs a great workout, when Sam threw his egg package so hard against the wall such that the egg flew out and smashed right at Mr Loi's feet, after at least 2 failed attempts at smashing the egg in the structure.

While waiting for the heats, it was very amusing with Geordie laughing at all the contestants ("That fat guy! Sure get last one!") and later trying to poke his finger through a rubber band, apparently trying to test his reflexes but secretly aiming to poke Jin Quan. Then we played frisbee!

As for the 8X200 relay itself, it was rather disheartening at first because some people who signed up chose to not go for the relay, to go for their lessons instead, so we had insufficient girls on the team. In the end, thanks to Pauline and Miao Qin, we finally had 4 girls. The team consisted of Jin Quan, Wai Hong, Jonathan, Wei Xiang, Siobhan, Miao Qin, Pauline and me. I'm really grateful to all of them for showing class spirit and putting the class above self. Of course not forgetting the people who came to watch and support the class as well: Geordie, Zi Chong, Yang Sai, Siew Ching and Michelle. Even though we finished 5th, at least all the runners tried their best, which makes up for everything. And I realised that when you run or participate in a competition, watching and cheering from the sidelines is really the greatest form of support for the participant.

Friday.
Was supposed to play tennis with Zi Chong and Geordie at my house today, but due to the evil persistent rain, we went to Lot 1 to watch a movie instead --the "Disney-movie", "Eight Down". Quite a nice feel-good movie but not worth $9.50. Then we went back to my house again but unfortunately the tennis courts were now booked by some old uncles, so we didn't play tennis at all, but walked about the entire day lugging around a total of 5 tennis rackets and 2 badminton rackets everywhere. Slacky but a nice way to pass time; it's definitely much better slacking with friends than slacking alone at home in my room.

After dinner, I spent more than one hour talking with my sister, laughing at funny things with her and making such a racket that Dad and Mom were pissed at us. Laughing really bonds people together, and make them feel closer. Laughter is good. So is a smile! Happy smiles and laughter brighten up each day for me.

I am going sailing tomorrow! Yay! Weather, be kind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home